Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Reflection - week 13

I cannot believe that this is already week 13. It means that next week is the last week for this semester. To be truth, I am not ready to sit for final yet I still have assignments to do. So I do not have time to make a revision or study for my final. I hope I still have time and it is not late yet.
Today, in Writing for Multimedia and The Web class, we need to present our digital story telling video. There were three groups who presented their video and my group was the first group who presented our video. The title of our story is “The Ship That Never Sinks”. We did not act in our video, but we use the cartoon animation. It is because we do not have much time to act out and we thought that this is the best way to do it. Calvin, Jayson, Lim Sue Chin and I decided to use Domo Animate as a platform for our digital story telling. Since both of Calvin and Jayson were busy with their work, we need to divide our work equally. So we decided Calvin and Jayson they do the scripts. Sue Chin and I do the animations and edit the video. After presented our video, Miss Amreet asked us few questions regarding on our Digital Story Telling assignment. She asked us how we can get the title and why we choose the theme of friendship in our video. Not only that, she asked what the challenges we faced during completing this assignment. 
Yes, I admit that there were challenges during doing this assignment. First of all, we need to choose the platform. There are many cartoon platforms that available but we need to check it one by one because some of it was difficult to use it. At last, we decided to use Domo Animate because it is easy to use. Plus, the characters suit us. Next challenge is we need to do the cartoon animation on each dialogue same when we doing the recording. We need to record each dialogue. There is a part when we need to record the voice more than one time. The hardest part is when we need to edit the video. It was our part, Sue Chin and I. We need to adjust the animation time with the dialogue voice. The part of editing was the hardest and it takes time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment